Mid-Senior Android Developer (Portugal)
Experience level: Mid-Senior
Compensation: Competitive salary
Employment Type: Permanent & Full-time
Remote working: Onsite, Hybrid, Remote
Visa sponsorship: Not Available
London based Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) has built a platform relying on computer vision and computational statistics to assess patients who have difficulties controlling their movement due to neurological conditions. Our core product, KELVIN, is already in use at clinical sites across several countries to support routine patient care as well as clinical trials.
MMT’s grand vision is to grow the platform so it can program the machine-brain interface devices that are now being used to treat neurological conditions – a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
This is your chance to help MMT shape a new team in Portugal that will provide important support to a London based start up that is taking on new challenges.
We are looking for an Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our London based, multi-platform mobile team to build the next generation of our patient and clinician facing applications. As an Android developer, you’ll be at the core of Android delivery at Machine Medicine.
Your role will require you to collaborate alongside our team of backend engineers, product owner, and QA. You’ll be looking to develop and start our Android apps, writing clean, maintainable and extendable code.
- 25 days annual leave (+ local bank holidays)
- Plus other benefits
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Company laptop of choice
- Onsite, hybrid, remote considered
You’ll be someone who thrives on uncertainty and loves to make an impact. You’ll enjoy creating high quality code that runs efficiently. You’ll enjoy contributing across the whole development process including design, product management and will like to stay on top of upcoming technologies that could benefit the business.
- Work closely with our multi-platform mobile development team
- Take the lead in the native Android development of our apps
- Work with our lead and CTO to help expand the reach of our platform.
- work: 4+ years (Required)
What You’ll Have
- A solid background in Android SDK Development using Android Studio in Kotlin
- Experimented with other programming languages
- Familiarity with the camera module, video recording and video uploading.
- Can discuss vision and features within a team and propose creative solutions
- Are passionate about app architecture and can talk about the benefits and drawbacks of various patterns (MVC, MVVM)
- Knowledge of reactive libraries, offline storage, API integration, and testing
- Familiarity with source control best practices and continuous integration
- Experience with AWS
- Are excited to explore cross platform code sharing solutions
- Passionate about great app design and user experience.
- Shipped at least one app to the Google Play Store
- Work with Android architecture components such as Room, LiveData, ViewModel, WorkManager, Compose, etc
- Have understanding or experience of coroutines and flows
- Use dependency injection
- Enjoy unit testing, TDD and automated UI testing
- Be familiar with Material Design guidelines
- Knowledge of Swift and/or iOS Development and/or React Native is a plus
Job reference no. ADE029