Mid-level DevOps Engineer
Experience level: Mid
Compensation: Competitive salary
Employment Type: Permanent & Full-time
Remote working: Not available
Visa sponsorship: Available
Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN, allows motor assessments in Parkinson’s disease to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN-PD is already in use at clinical sites across several countries and possesses a CE mark, being a class-I medical device. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalised tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
A fast-moving startup, with an energetic and dynamic team, looking to disrupt the MedTech industry with AI. Our employees are encouraged to take on the sort of career development opportunities that cannot be found at larger, more established, companies. We are in the highly regulated medical device industry, so our engineering team has to have an even greater focus on quality, usability and versatility. We also like to blow off steam, whether that’s playing a few rounds of table tennis in the office, or arranging an online gaming session.
- Competitive salary
- Employee equity programme
- 25 days annual leave (+UK bank holidays)
- Offices close to London Bridge, Bermondsey Street and Borough Market
Are you a DevOps engineer looking for the next step in your career? This is an opportunity for an experienced DevOps engineer (4+ years) looking for a new opportunity in the MedTech space. You will join a small team that is growing and will help us in the challenge of melding modern CI/CD practices into regulatory frameworks.
You will be responsible for driving our DevOps rollout as we construct our new platform. You must:
- Define sprint requirements and acceptance criteria
- Contribute to regular architecture and design sessions
- Take ownership of backend service release and configuration management
- Ensure deliverables are to a high standard
- As a self-starter, plan and drive your own work
- Mentor junior members of staff to ensure they can grow in contribution
- Work with a team that includes web, mobile, backend and other skill-sets
- At least 4 years of work experience as a DevOps engineer
- Direct experience of AWS cloud for at least 2 years
- Deep understanding of AWS security best practices and products such as S3, EC2, EKS.
- Solid experience of building and maintaining secure Docker images
- Expertise in AWS CDK (or Terraform) and Python programming
- Experience with Linux and Bash
- Experience working with DR solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – as a MedTech our output is regulated and audited.
- Experience of working within a ‘security development lifecycle’ including how integrate SAST and DAST
- Experience running a mission critical CI/CD pipeline
- Demonstrable delivery of past projects
- Experience of DevOps release processes, tools and strategies
- MongoDB or PostgreSQL administration experience
- Cloud automation using AWS Python CDK
- BSc in Computer Science or similar.
Job reference no. MDE038