Full Stack Developer
Experience level: Junior/Mid/Senior
Tech stack used: FastAPI, Lambdas, React JS, Terraform, Docker, AWS
Primary skills we consider: Python, REST, FastAPI, Flask, Django
Compensation: £50,000 – £80,000
Employment Type: Permanent
Remote working: Remote
Visa sponsorship: Available
Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN, allows motor assessments in Parkinson’s disease to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN-PD is already in use at clinical sites across several countries and possesses a CE mark, being a class-I medical device. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalised tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
A fast-moving startup, with an energetic and dynamic team, looking to disrupt the MedTech industry with AI. Our employees are encouraged to take on the sort of career development opportunities that cannot be found at larger, more established, companies. We are in the highly regulated medical device industry, so our engineering team has to have an even greater focus on quality, usability and versatility. We also like to blow off steam, whether that’s playing a few rounds of table tennis in the office, or arranging an online gaming session.
- Competitive salary
- Employee equity programme
- 25 days annual leave (+8 bank holidays)
- Offices close to London Bridge, Bermondsey Street and Borough Market
You are a hard-working and talented mobile app developer with a superb command of general programming principles supplemented by a special strength in mobile app development. You have a passion for software development and want to build products that positively impact the lives of millions. You are keen to join a small full-stack development team (currently 3 strong) to help develop new mobile applications while also being involved in a variety of tasks across different areas of S/W development and more.
List of main duties and responsibilities:
- Leading the design, development and delivery of key backend web application features for our core products.
- Proposing and championing ideas for backend development.
- Inputting on decisions relating to the product architecture and design.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design (DDD) and clean architecture concepts.
- Have experience in building backend services using either Flask, FastAPI or Django.
- Familiarity with database structure and system design fundamentals (MongoDB preferred).
- Experience with object-oriented paradigms (SOLID, OOP design patterns).
- Experience using Unit Testing using Pytest or Unitest.
- Understanding core cloud providers services AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (AWS preferred).
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with frontend libraries or frameworks (React JS, Angular).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field, or higher.
Job reference no. BFE654