Lead Fullstack Engineer
Experience level: Lead/Senior
Primary skills we consider: AWS, Python, Linux, Bash
Compensation: £55,000 – £70,000
Employment Type: Permanent
Remote working: On-site
Visa sponsorship: Available
Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN, allows motor assessments in Parkinson’s disease to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN-PD is already in use at clinical sites across several countries and possesses a CE mark, being a class-I medical device. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalised tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
A fast-moving startup, with an energetic and dynamic team, looking to disrupt the MedTech industry with AI. Our employees are encouraged to take on the sort of career development opportunities that cannot be found at larger, more established, companies. We are in the highly regulated medical device industry, so our engineering team has to have an even greater focus on quality, usability and versatility. We also like to blow off steam, whether that’s playing a few rounds of table tennis in the office, or arranging an online gaming session.
- Competitive salary
- Employee equity programme
- 25 days annual leave (+8 bank holidays)
- Offices close to London Bridge, Bermondsey Street and Borough Market
You are a hard-working and talented full-stack engineer with a superb command of general programming principles and the experience managing or mentoring junior engineers. You have a passion not only for software development, but also for working with people and getting the most out of your colleagues. You have strong project and task management skills, and are keen to put those skills to use in growing a fullstack team.
List of main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 3+ software engineers.
- Planning development cycles and production deployments.
- Leading the design, development and delivery of key features for our core products.
- Mentoring/encouraging professional development of other software engineers.
- Proposing and championing ideas for product development.
- Inputting on decisions relating to the company’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrable experience with managing a software development team, preferably utilizing Agile software development methodology.
- Well versed in SDLC, experience with establishing best practices, with strong focus on documentation.
- Deep understanding of the Python language, “pythonic” way of programming and adhering to best practices.
- Strong database structure and system design fundamentals.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Client management experience.
- Solid grasp of Linux based system administration.
- Understanding core AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, IAM, VPC.
- Experience using AWS within a production environment.
- Familiarity with task management software such as JIRA.
- Experience using Terraform or AWS Cloudformation.
- Design and oversight of QA testing processes.
- Knowledge of Python backend frameworks such as Flask and/or Django.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 1+ years of experience managing software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field, or higher
Job reference no. SE935