Mobile App Developer (Remote)
Experience level: Junior/Mid
Tech stack used: React Native, AWS, Python, Linux, Docker
Secondary skills we consider: Python
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Employment Type: Permanent
Remote working: Available
Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN, allows motor assessments in Parkinson’s disease to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN-PD is already in use at clinical sites across several countries and possesses a CE mark, being a class-I medical device. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalised tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
A fast-moving startup, with an energetic and dynamic team, looking to disrupt the MedTech industry with AI. Our employees are encouraged to take on the sort of career development opportunities that cannot be found at larger, more established, companies. We are in the highly regulated medical device industry, so our engineering team has to have an even greater focus on quality, usability and versatility. We also like to blow off steam, whether that’s playing a few rounds of table tennis in the office, or arranging an online gaming session.
- Competitive salary
- Employee equity programme
- 25 days annual leave (+8 bank holidays)
- Offices close to London Bridge, Bermondsey Street and Borough Market
You are a hard-working and talented mobile app developer with a superb command of general programming principles supplemented by a special strength in mobile app development. You have a passion for software development and want to build products that positively impact the lives of millions. You are keen to join a small full-stack development team (currently 3 strong) to help develop new mobile applications while also being involved in a variety of tasks across different areas of S/W development and more.
List of main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing new, exciting mobile applications as part of our Kelvin Platform, that will disrupt the healthcare industry by automating clinical tasks (often by utilising the latest computer vision and machine learning techniques).
- Collaborating with the fullstack team in the design, development and delivery of key features.
- Contributing to the technical design meetings with your own unique perspective and expertise.
- Mobile app development experience either with Kotlin for Android or Swift for iOS.
- Experience using AVFoundation or Android Media.
- Experience utilising and managing Android emulators and/or iOS simulators.
- Strong understanding of core software development principles and practices.
- Good communication skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Previous experience developing AR/VR based mobile applications.
- Experience interfacing with Restful APIs.
- Experience with cross-platform React Native.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD principles and practices and how they relate to the mobile app building and deployment process.
- Experience integrating computer vision models within mobile applications.
- Record of publishing mobile applications on App Store or Play Store.
- 1+ years of experience in mobile development
- 2+ years of overall experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Job reference no. MD898