Experience level: Mid/Senior
Compensation: Competitive salary
Employment Type: Permanent & Full-time
Remote working: Hybrid (1 day WFH a week)
Visa sponsorship: Available
Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN, allows motor assessments in Parkinson’s disease to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN-PD is already in use at clinical sites across several countries and possesses a CE mark, being a class-I medical device. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalised tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
A fast-moving startup, with an energetic and dynamic team, looking to disrupt the MedTech industry with AI. Our employees are encouraged to take on the sort of career development opportunities that cannot be found at larger, more established, companies. We are in the highly regulated medical device industry, so our engineering team has to have an even greater focus on quality, usability and versatility. We also like to blow off steam, whether that’s playing a few rounds of table tennis in the office, or arranging an online gaming session.
List of main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the drafting of detailed study protocols and statistical analysis plans ensuring statistical robustness of projects from start to finish
- Perform the programming and interpretation of statistical analysis
- Present key research insights and findings through visualisations and reports
You are an ambitious and capable statistician, with a deep understanding of statistical principles and experimental design. You have experience designing studies and experiments in the evidence based medicine. You have a keen interest in medical devices and are willing to expand your knowledge in the areas of machine learning and computer vision. You care about impact and want to do work that matters.
- Strong communication and data visualization skills
- Experience in writing research protocols, statistical analysis plans, and study reports
- Experience in developing and testing algorithms and statistical models
- MSc or PhD in a relevant quantitative subject (Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, or a related discipline)
- Deep knowledge of statistical and data-modelling tools and techniques (e.g. sampling, imputation, regression and survival analysis)
- Experience with Python or R and relevant statistical tools and packages
- Experience in clinical trials and familiarity with GCP ICH
- Familiarity with machine learning and computer vision models
- Experience in communicating with health authorities
- Tech Stack: Python/R, Pandas, tidyverse, AWS, sklearn
Job reference no. ST922